Saturday, August 13, 2011

See Ya Next August, Same Time, Same Place


Rye was insistent that we not miss this years' Perseid meteor shower. It was supposed to peak last night with predawn hours being the best viewing times. Experts said the annual Perseid meteor shower, which occurs each August, would be one of the most spectacular in recent years. So, I set my alarm for 5:00 AM.

As soon as the alarm sounded, Rye was promptly at the foot of my bed urging me up to witness the dazzling show. We eagerly went outside to find that it was raining. We were not able to see anything, but dark skies. Are you kidding me?!

Since we have been experiencing drought conditions in Oklahoma for a very long time, I'm very thankful that we were getting much needed precipitation. I just find the timing a bit funny. It reminded me of something. Remember this? If it weren't for bad luck...

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

You are a good mom to get up so early. HeeHaww - such a dorky show when I was young, but not so much now.

Course of Perfection said...

I did it again Sunday morning, 5:00 AM! Not a meteor in sight. I thought maybe our tree lines were interfering with our view. So, we got in the car & moved to another location. No help, we didn't see a single meteor!! Oh well, we'll try again next year.

I love Hee Haw. When I was little, it was entertaining to me. It wasn't until recently though that I realized just how stinking talented Roy Clark is! He is some guitarist.