Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm back...

Well, it's been a few years, but it is most definitely time to start writing again. The final straw...a friend asked me to write a letter of reference and I was secretly thrilled. Okay, I don't guess my excitement was really concealed when I asked my friend how many pages it needed to be.

It already feels good to be putting thoughts onto paper...or computer screen, as it were. I'm coming to terms with my love of words, including all language, grammar, storytelling, dictionaries, thesauruses, writing, and reading books. My passion has not waned, nor has the glitter of words faded in my mind's eye.

I will always be that person who actually likes to write. In my mind, I will never stop correcting grammar, written or spoken. Hearing "theirselves" or "hisself" will ever make me wince, even coming from the mouths of my own, beloved children. My own misspoken words cause me to groan. There shall continually be a dictionary tab open on my computer.

My world perpetually spins on words...yours and mine.

No comments: