Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'M SO EXCITED

And I just can't hide it.

Okay, so, don't tell anybody. I have purchased tap shoes. Yes, tap shoes. We're talkin' Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire wannabes here. It's really funny how excited I am. Only a little less funny is how excited the boys are.

I came up with a great idea for exercise fun for the whole family. I figured tap dancing would get ya up & moving. Not to mention, I think it sounds like a tremendous amount of fun. I'm not sure if this stems from the fact that my Mother never put me in dance class or that I never had a pair of tap shoes. Either way, I ordered shoes for each of us & a tap DVD.

We really love the look of the wing-tip, black & white tappers for the guys...very suave & sophisticated...also very expensive. So, the boys get the plain, black lace-ups for about $20. I love the beautiful, high-heel types for the ladies, but they are also a little out of my price range. Also, I question my ability to tap in them anyways. So, mine are plain, tan, mary-jane-type tappers.

So, yesterday I get a call & Colt's are unavailable in his size. What a bummer. All the other styles were too expensive. We will have to order elsewhere. Colt knows he's not going to get his at the same time as ours.

Guess what we have in the mail today?!! Rye & I have Gene & Fred dancing in our heads. My shoes fit like a dream & they are even more awesome in person! Riley tries his next...too small. He wants to try them out anyway, but I didn't let him since we have to exchange them. Talk about disappointment!

I just can't stand it. I have to do a little clickety-clack. Riley told me what a bummer he thought it was. I told him that I thought it was too & I wouldn't use mine until the boys' shoes came in. So, now can I keep from getting up in the middle of the night to dance my version of "Moses Supposes"? Maybe I should put their shoes on express delivery!!

There won't be any sugar plums dancing in my head tonight. It's gonna be me! Me & my beautiful new tap shoes. Can ya dig it?

12 comments:

mornin'lady said...

Oh my gosh, I wanta learn too!
Wow, now you can sing and dance next family get together.

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

You all get an unfreakingbelievable for that! That is so very cool! So have you checked EBay? I'm sure there's some out there for sale. I'm excited for you!

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

OMG! i can't believe i missed the Irene Kara line!

Sea-gal said...

I always wanted to tap dance!! Lucky you guys. I'm a huge fan of musicals -especially Gene Kelly. And "Moses Supposes"!!!!! Wow, gotta dig out "Singing..' and YES I can dig it! Have fun!! :):):)

Jesse Baggett said...

Just the other day I watched a video of a coworker's 5 year old daughter's dance recital (sooo cute). But afterwards I kept forgetting that I was still at work, and I would catch myself singing and dancing! Have fun! You'll have to post a video of the three of you dancing!!!

Becky G said...

That is too cool! How fun!

~Country Girl~ said...

Isn't he though?!lol He's gotten bigger since I got him! He weighs like 40 POUNDS! lol But isn't he cute? I love him.:}

ChuckHopkins said...

Skybag - You won't find any videos of me dancing posted here...

Junk Diva said...

I want to dance with you guys, how fun.

Inquiries said...

I want to tap dance too! I have always wanted to learn. I think the video would be great. But I don't think Colt likes the idea! ;)

Bag Blog said...

Tap shoes! GBN1 has some shoes that she calls her "tapping shoes." Then she will demonstrate how you "tap, tap, tap." What is it that makes people want to tap dance?

Course of Perfection said...

Dawn: Sing AND dance...I was thinking the same thing! They're gonna freak when I break out in my first number.

Pipe: I haven't tried E-bay yet...I usually shop Amazon.

Please tell me that you meant "The Pointer Sisters"!

Sea-chick: If Gene Kelly is in it, I'll watch it!

Skybag: "sooo cute"...I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna hear that.

Becky: Fun, Fun, Fun!

Punky Brewster: You do have a cute pup!

Geek: Muh-wah..Muh-wah ha ha

Diva: The more the merrier!

Ash: We may have to start a grown-up tap class. It would be entertaining, if nothing else.

Colt's not a born performer like his Mama...lol.

Bag: I bet GNB1 is an energizer bunny kind of tapper!

I'm not sure about the desire to tap...