Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Know What I Want!

Yes, it's HOT outside. What to do? Any ideas? Get a sno-cone!

My children have a dominant sno-cone gene & a recessive ice cream gene. They clash with me because of my dominant ice cream gene. Although, a sno-cone is a satisfactory substitute for a frozen treat. So, we stop at more sno-cone stands than ice cream places. I'm not in complete agreement with this, but I am democratic on a few issues. They do outnumber me on this one.

OK, sno-cones it is. So, give me a Pink Lemon Sour! As Rachel would say...Yumm-o! This particular flavor is like pink lemonade with a bit more tanginess. I do love the citrus!

This is where the real problems start. You shall witness a mother's sacrifice for her offspring. I ALWAYS order Pink Lemon Sour. Not so of the boys with the goofy flavor ideas. They might order some flavor like Roadkill Sewer Surprise. Alright, maybe not that bad, but you get the idea.

Now, let me be clear. I am ALL for flavor exploration. Try something new! Let's just be real. You may not like the outcome. You may be rewarded for your adventurous choice, but you might be sorely disappointed. Or should I say "I" might be sorely disappointed?

Yes, the Mother gets the taste rejects. When the choice results in "ews" & "yucks", my beautiful children get Pink Lemon Sour & I get Transylvanian Teriyaki Tornado. The flavor-sacrificing Matriarch gets the Muddy Monkey Mix or maybe the Green Hairy Beast.

I have tried, not by personal choice of course, Dragon's Breath...it was a bit like red-hot candies...not bad, but not Pink Lemon Sour. Other rejects...Beetle Juice...thankfully not as bad as it sounds. One time they thought Salty Dog sounded grand. That was a definite assault on my taste buds. Nectar sounded good...but wasn't. All this time, I'm thinking of Pink Lemon Sour & getting something altogether different.

It's obvious to me that kids are gonna choose their sno-cones by cool & catchy names. I guess the sno-cone places know this, because they are loaded with Frog in a Blender (Colt likes this one), Superman (Rye likes this one), Ninja Turtle, Purple Poison, the list goes on & on.
How do you know what Superman is supposed to taste like? Kryptonite? Steel? I think all flavor choices should be fully explained, in detail. The boys maybe could make more accurate decisions.
Colt wants me to be clear that he has traded with me a couple times, but that Riley is the repeat offender. I will agree, but there is no longer any need. The last trip to the sno-cone stand resulted in harsh, new rules. You get it, you eat it! I'm getting Pink Lemon Sour AND I'm eating it! You can get WHATEVER you want, but it's YOURS to keep.
Why don't you just get Pink Lemon Sour? You know you like it.

14 comments:

Bo said...

The line has now been drawn in the sand.

Does this now apply to donuts, too?

Bag Blog said...

Bo is a garbage can - he eats anything. Jesse is the adventurer. She is the repeat offender at ordering new and exotic things and then having me or her dad eat them when the Yuck factor is too high. We don't normally do sno-cones, but do not go with Jesse to an ice-cream place that gives you wacky choices.

~Country Girl~ said...

Lol I did put alot of colt on there
they were to funny:} lol I like the one were he looks like he's in a trance lol!


Sno-cones are awesome! lol My favorite is "Tiger's Blood" and "Pink Champaine" {or how ever you spell it}lol I like them:}
I haven't had a sno-cone in a long long time! Mmmmm... Thats sounds really good right now:} I'll have to get one when I go to Duncan again.

Sea-gal said...

Sounds to me like it's going to be a lo-o-o-n-g, interesting summer at your house! I personally always get naked snow cones - I only like the ice! GREAT post!

Inquiries said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Pink Lemon Sour sounds soooooo good! I love citrus too.

What sno-cone stand do you go to?

Course of Perfection said...

Bo: LOL...we actually had a similar donut conversation.

Bag: I'll remember to ditch Jesse on any ice cream runs.

Princess: I haven't tried either of those. What does Tiger's Blood taste like?

Sea-Gal: Your sno-cones are NAKED?!!

Inq: Definitely try it! We usually go to the one in Claridy Creek Mall parking lot.

mornin'lady said...

Oh hey, I knew I was forgetting something. We'll stop and try out some of these concoctions next town trip! ( I will be a bit more conservative in my choices than the others so I will wisely make the same rule early in the game!)

Junk Diva said...

I am an ice-cream kind of girl myself and there is NO bad ice-cream! So I think you should pull rank and go to Braums.

Becky G said...

LOL! Those are some GREAT flavor names! I have a dominant ice cream gene myself. I can't remember the last snow cone I had, but I could eat ice cream every single day!

~Country Girl~ said...

Lol.. truthfuly.. I don't remember! lol I haven't had it in a
long time! :} I think it was like cherryish but really good! lol 'Cause I'm not a cherry fan.. But it's really good:}..

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

i think we're on the sno-cone dominant side even though we succomb to the ice cream socialization more...Braums is just handier.

Tigers Blood for me...or anything that smacks of the Caribbean.

oh yeah....

TAG! your meme'd (see my blog)

Half Pint said...

Tigers blood is cherry and orange mix. I have the sno-cone gene and I like the stand down from the drive through car wash.... that is if it's open this year. Charlie Browns are good and there is one called something cow. I can't remember the name exactly, but it tastes like home made ice cream

Jesse Baggett said...

I'm not an offender! As a child i always got cherry flavored snow cones - how boring is that? And ice cream, I never ever varied from mint chocolate chip on a sugar cone. Even now at Braums I always get a strawberry milk shake. It's just at places like Marble Slab that I haven't found my "ice cream true love".

Course of Perfection said...

Dawn: Glad to provide the "heads-up".

Diva: I do pull rank sometimes. I am the only one that gets anything. I bet when people see us walking out of Braum's...me with my ice cream & the 2 children with none...they're thinking "Those kids must be in SERIOUS trouble!"

Becky: Ice cream everyday is a grand idea!

PP: Don't like cherry?! E-gads.

Piper: You would probably love my Aunt's favorite...Bahama Mama.

Half-pint: I may have to try Tiger's Blood & trade with the kids if I don't like it. We went to that stand you're talking about, but I thought they were closing. I was told the other day that they are still opened.

Skybag: Offender...

"ice cream true love"? Don't give up hope. Someday, it will find you.