Friday, April 11, 2008

Hope for the Cookie-less

I have a story involving 5 different people. Of course, there will be 5 different versions of this story. Since this is my blog, you'll get my version. :^)

When I came in to work today I was notified the absolutely wonderful Neighborhood Piper brought in cookies for us. (I think mine & Colt's names were mentioned specifically.) We are talking the real deal cookies, not the almost kind. These cookies were positively unfreakingbelievable - a Ferrari with a full tank of gas.

The cookies were actually delivered yesterday. I was not at work yesterday. The only people at the office were those other two. Yeah, them. You know who I'm talking about. I can't believe the word "integrity" is in the actual name of this business.

Needless to say, the number of cookies delivered & the number of cookies still there today is a subject of great debate. I, myself, enjoyed TWO cookies. Shortly after arriving at work, Colt came to me & said, "There is only one cookie left. Do you want it?" Of course, I let my first-born have the last cookie.

Is there hope for the cookie-less? We can only look to the Piper for pity on the cookie-vacuums at our office. We would glady exchange your empty dish that we have for a full one! I may need my own special batch. With the four guys at the office, it's going to be hard to get my even share.

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness, Piper!

8 comments:

Junk Diva said...

LOL!! Poor CoP.

Bag Blog said...

There is a saying at my house when the food is served: there are the fast and there are the hungry. Bo has always been fast.

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

Yeah his eyes got pretty big when i brought those warm fuzzy's in.

Have no fear...i'll getcha taken care of, i'm outta chocolate but i don't think you'll say no to what i have in mind...how's Colt feelin' anyway...hopefully the Piper's pills worked.

Inquiries said...

Perfection you make me laugh! Especially the integrity part. Does any man have integrity what is comes to food especially cookies? I think not!

Course of Perfection said...

Diva: Thanks for the sympathy.

Bag: Bo was highly entertained when that other guy asked, "Julinda, may I have one of your cookies?" The answer, of course, was, "No, you may not."

Piper: Colt is better, still coughing up stuff, (poor kid has a sensitive gag reflex, you know how that goes) but almost recovered. He said to tell you the cookies helped ALOT.

Inquiries: There was NO integrity involved in this story. Well, they didn't eat ALL the cookies. So, I have to give them a little credit.

Anonymous said...

I had a few cookies...but I also had permission from the Piper. It was my fearless leader who took the bowl to his office and started eating before he even knew where the cookies came from.

Wrongfully Accused

Course of Perfection said...

LOL...wrongfully accused...please.

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

OK i've gotta jump in here...after Wrongfully Accused informed me that CoP wasn't available, i sat the bowl on her desk and said, "Well, you guys can have'em then" i can't remember much after that, it must've been the knock on the head i rec'd from the file cabinet in the melee. So...integrity is still intact. Perhaps 'restraint' should be the operative here.