Friday, April 4, 2008

Zoinks!

I spent a lovely evening with my family last night. It was my Uncle's birthday. We enjoyed cake & ice cream along with an evening of entertainment provided by my cousin, who is a first responder & volunteer fireman. He has so many stories!

If you ever get the chance to hear a first responder share their stories...run. Go hide in the closet, offer to do the dishes, anything to spare yourself. I'm just kidding...kinda. Some of these stories would make a goat puke, some were funny, some were serious. Of course, you have to know my cousin. All of his stories were wildly entertaining & tearfully hilarious. His wife said that he & his buddy are like the Scooby-Doo & Shaggy of the first responders & firemen.

On a serious note, I want to say thank-you to my cousin & the other volunteers & officials for their efforts on behalf of our community. (You deserve a Scooby snack!)

3 comments:

Junk Diva said...

I have heard a few of those stories in my time also from Randy. People are funny critters sometimes.

Inquiries said...

You made me LOL Perfection

Bag Blog said...

My aunt was a dispatcher in Red River; she had some great stories. One of the funny things she always said was, "NM is the only place in the world where you can have a four car collision, but when you respond there will be no people there or no drivers." Ask Bodie his story about NM.