Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's NOT Okay...Okay?!

I need to write this. As the weather warms and people start removing their scarves, turtlenecks, & stockings, I anticipate the onslaught of visible undergarments & body parts. I know this is a great thing to many people, but not to me.

Let me start by saying that I AM a reformed, bikini wearer. My immodest apparel would challenge the most glamorous street-walkers I've seen. Yes, it took renewed thinking, forgiveness, & mercy. I am thankful.

Let's just start with bathing suits. Most are no more than fancy underwear. Some are quite a bit less. A day at the beach is like a day at Kentucky Fried Chicken, lots of breasts & thighs. I KNOW this is NOT in agreement with wordly thinking. So, if you like this, obviously we are not of the same mind. I could probably just turn my head, but I can't stand for my children to be visually assaulted by this. Leave your underwear under your clothes & put on something that properly covers you!

Next, visible undergarments are NEVER okay. I don't care who's doing it, famous or not. I heard low-slung jeans were out & waistbands were rising again. I've yet to see it. I don't want to see any plumber's crack. This goes for thong undies too. I don't care how cute or stylish they are. This applies to the guys too. Your boxers belong UNDER your jeans. Pull up your pants!!!

Can I see your bra in any way? See through shirts? Yuck. Spaghetti straps or thin tank tops were not meant for the basic bra. Buy the tanks with adequate, built-in bras or invest in a good, strapless model. Better yet, look for more substantial tops. If I can see your bra straps...tacky, tacky, tacky.

I only have one thing to say about those daring, braless gals or rugged, commando guys...Eww. So, moving on.

Are your shorts or skirts too short? Can you bend over without mooning the world? I love to see the cheeks of your beautiful smile, not so much on the other end. If your skirt looks more like a belt, this applies to you. If the inseam of your shorts is the same as that famous, Hazzard County female, this applies to you also.

Bare midriffs are a no-no. I don't care how toned your abs are. If you raise your hands to cheer for those OU Sooners & we see your tummy, you need a longer top. Speaking of the Sooners, don't even get me started on cheerleading outfits. I know this is really preposterous to many, but the outfits of the Dallas Cowgals are primed & ready for the penthouse.

Yes, our culture feeds this. Sex sells & America is buying. Well, I'm saving my money & protecting my modesty. Kudos to all of you who do!

I know this opens me up to ridicule because it goes against conventional thinking. I'm not a prude. Well, maybe I am. Hang on, I just looked it up. "Prude"-a person who is excessively proper or modest in speech, conduct, dress, etc. Excessiveness is never proper, but balance is the key in anything.

Please forgive any fashion faux-pas of mine & I will bear with you too. And now, I will step down from my soap box. I said what I came to say.

7 comments:

Half Pint said...

AMEN SISTER!!!!

mornin'lady said...

Well put, girl!

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

i see those brutha's on the street and i'm like...dude...seriously...
how comfortable IS that exactly? I mean, when you do lift that box of cigs from the corner market how far and how fast do you really think your gonna be able to run? Your just makin' it easier for the cops to take you down, and easier for them to spot you before you DO.

And chica's! I wonder...if your going to dress like that...don't be all offended if someone offers you a dollar. And don't be all that surprised when you're abducted...you're advertising...and just like the billboards say...it works.

Junk Diva said...

Prude isn't all that bad is it!

Bag Blog said...

They actually make bras now that have a strap that is similar to a strap on a tank-top so that it is difficult to tell which strap is which. I don't mind that, but I don't really want to see lots of cleavage.

And there should be a law against plumber crack.

Course of Perfection said...

I enjoyed writing this post.

It's great to hear from like-minded people.

I'm amazed at how numb our society has become to immodesty. Everyone just keeps taking off more & more clothes & that becomes the standard. "Oh that's just how the kids dress now." Enough already. Everybody: PUT YOUR CLOTHES BACK ON!

Colt put on a pair of last years shorts. The bottom hem touched the top of his knee. He yelled, "Mom! These are Daisy Dukes!" I don't have to worry about him wearing short shorts!

Inquiries said...

I am with you Perfection!
There is a whole matter if women stripping down to their birthday suit in the locker room at the Simmions Center. YUCK!