Monday, April 7, 2008

Major Payne

We have sickness in our house again. Colt is battling a second round of it. He has had a cough since last Tuesday. I had to take him to the doctor on Friday. She gave him pneumonia-strength antibiotics. There was an improvement on Saturday. Sunday, he was zapped again. The fever & aches came back. We all three have confidence in God's healing for Colt.

We stayed home from work today for rest & healing for Colt. I am thankful to say that he is much improved. He has a low-grade fever, but doesn't feel bad.

This morning, I had to run to Velma to the bank. I left Riley in charge. You should have seen the sparkle in this kid's eyes. I explained to him that you have to be compassionate when you're in charge. Everything that you give, you'll get in return from those in charge of you. I also went over a few of the important house rules. I told him that he would need to care for Colten because he is sick.

I left & had to stop at my family's office to pick up my cell phone from my Mom. They asked where the boys were & I explained they were at home. I told them Riley was in charge. They unanimously felt sorry for Colt.

As soon as I left the office, I called home. Both boys answered. I told them I had my phone & asked them how things were going. Colt told me right after I left, Riley shouted, "Okay, drop and give me twenty!" They both giggled & Riley said, "Yeah, but I almost baked him cookies."

How do you "almost" bake someone cookies?

7 comments:

Junk Diva said...

I used to tell my older one when left in charge to be a Gentle Master, I think all she heard was Master.

I want some almost cookies.

Inquiries said...

I hope Colt get better! Riley is charge. Sounds interesting!

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

I had a friend back in high school that loved "chocolate chipless" cookies. To me, thats like having a Ferrari without any gas.

Sounds like y'all need some cookies.

Course of Perfection said...

I almost baked all of you some cookies.

Junk Diva said...

Gee Almost Thanks, they were Almost good, and they happened to be Almost my favorite. You are Almost to kind.

I hope Colt gets better soon, Chara has also been suffering from that nasty stuff. She thought she was better and got out in the wind and dust Sat. and was down again. We will pray for healing for them both.

Bag Blog said...

Healing to you all - and not the "almost" kind.

I may have to blog about the time my parents left me to care for my older brother when he had had his tonsils out.

mornin'lady said...

hmmm, I'll take some of those almost cookies, seems to be all I can eat here lately :) well give that boy of yours a big hug and tell him our thoughts and prayers are with him!!