Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Everybody wants to be me.

Ok, so I am the victim of fraud. No, I'm not talking about Santa Claus. Someone is actually using my name, my address, and worst of all my debit card! The tricks on them. I can't wait until they start getting notices from debt collectors. Seriously though, I have been on the phone the biggest part of the day trying to resolve this. My first tip-off, my card was declined at Wal-Mart. How embarrassing is that? I asked one of the more helpful customer service reps I talked with today if the crook gave an email address when they charged on my card? She laughed & said that they did, but because of privacy laws, she couldn't give it to me. Oh well, as long as I'm being protected from fraud...

6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Wow! How did this happen? I have always thought someone should sue a credit card company for sending out CC applications with a person's name already on them and "credit" just waiting around the corner. One of my pet peeves is having to shred all those un-wanted CC applications that come in the mail.

Bag Blog said...

Also, Sherry K had a similar experience when the bank gave her money to someone else.

Inquiries said...

Good Grief! But hey you boss is lawyer!
I hope every thing is straightened out soon!

Course of Perfection said...

I think it's from using my card online. What a nightmare. It's really quite bizarre.

mornin'lady said...

yuck, let us know how it all turns out! Shaun is unusually concerned over these online transactions after me reading this to him, and it has cause me to get a bit more cautious!

Course of Perfection said...

Dawn, I have shopped online for years without any problem. I shop e-bay, Amazon (better DVD & book prices than anyone), Kohls, & many others. I pay most of my bills online too. I always thought the people that had a problem were doing something wrong. I am 99% sure that I know what started this. I ordered business cards & stuff online & the next day was the first fraudulent charge on my card. I hate it because I really like to shop online! I'll keep you updated as it continues to unfold. Let Shaun know also that there were some sites the hack wasn't able to use my card because they couldn't get past their security. That made me feel a little better.