Friday, March 21, 2008

What a day!

I had such a special birthday! My friends & family are something else. The birthday wishes started with my nephew calling me. What a sweetie. Of course, my Mom called. Riley made me an awesome birthday card & let me know that my present was at home. My cousin called at lunch asking about a certain restaurant. I thought it was going to be a birthday lunch. Not so, he just wanted my opinion. I harassed him about this later because he didn't remember it was my birthday. He tried to make it up to me with a Square Shooter (cinnamon sucker). Well, my coworker's wife outdid herself. She surprised me at work with a homemade birthday cake & her daughter (Lou's GNB1) made me a beautiful drawing. She definitely has the "art gene". GNB1 also picked a flower for me. So, now Riley is laughing because he knows these types of gestures make me cry. Yes, I had to choke back the tears. Next, my boss brings in a Grape Crush & candy assortment & a candle. What a guy! (Riley drank all my Grape Crush.) Next come gifts from my family. Colt & Rye got me the movie "Enchanted" & a sweet card. Riley made me another card, a butterfly. My Mom's card reads: "Your birthday is a reminder that life is not measured in years... Oops. Yes it is." She signed it "Mother Dearest". Mom got me some comfy, spring PJs & money for a me-spree. My brother brings in 2 pots of flowers, the movie "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium", AND a cherry tree!! Awesome, huh? Next I get a call from my neice. Now my aunt gives me the cutest skirt set. I get a birthday dinner of my choice too! I chose a steak from Chuckwagon, but they were overrun with about 25 bikers plus the regular crowd. So, I get a raincheck on that. When I get home, I have a text message rendition of "Happy Birthday" from a dear sister. Then, the show stopper, my present from Riley. I can't find my camera or you would definitely have a picture! It's a stick. Yes, a stick, about six inches long. He used a rock to make it smooth. I can't express how bright his eyes gleamed when he gave this to me or how excited he was telling me how he "made" it. What a treasure! Today at work, I show up to a beautiful arrangement of flowers & the sweetest card from my boss & his wife. They're trying to make me cry again. I picked up a birthday card in the mail today too. Can you believe this? What a day!

4 comments:

Junk Diva said...

So very glad you had a blessed Birthday, and I send Birthday wishes from our house also. Can't wait to see pictures of your gift, it sounds grand.

Course of Perfection said...

Thank you so much!

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

Wait...YOUR birthday is Mar. 21 too?! Wow...what a great day! Sounds like a memorable one...

May the Lord richly bless you in mercy, grace, and peace this next year.

Bag Blog said...

It sounds like the perfect birthday. Those guys you work with are something else! And your two boys are so special. I think you have been blessed.