Monday, March 24, 2008

Make Haste!

My latest poem was conceived today, concocted from need, borne of exasperation...

Make Haste!

Make haste, make haste!
Graciously step aside, practice forbearance.
Do my needs not exceed your own?
Don your patience & tighten your resolve.
I have laid possession & will not relinquish it!
Though my dominion here be fleeting,
It will reign until my departure.
My successor is a clamorous groaner.
Is the sight of a closed door so loathsome?
What greater torture could be bestowed?
I have never heard of death from biding one's time.
Although, admittedly, I have entertained the idea myself.
Thusly lives the household with one bathroom.

5 comments:

mornin'lady said...

How I laughed girl!

Inquiries said...

Great Poem! And so true.

Junk Diva said...

You have such a way with words. LOL Have been there and done that. You should have teenage girls in your house YIKES.

Bag Blog said...

That was great! It reminded me of my brother who was a bathroom hog, but he had beautiful hair.

Course of Perfection said...

Thanks, ladies. I am thankful for no teen-girl bathroom time & neither of my boys are much on mirror time. I wouldn't like to deal with either!