Sunday, March 30, 2008

Something to Think About

It's strange how some things don't sound odd until after you've said them. For example, I just said to Riley: "Pick up your pick-ax out of the living room floor before someone stumps their toe on it." It made me stop & ponder. How many other boys enjoy using a pick-ax? Are there many? Dawn, is that something Tyler would enjoy playing with? Just something to think about.

Something else I've been thinking about - the donut business. I was just telling my Aunt we should open a donut shop. She didn't think I would get up at 3AM to make 'em. I whole-heartedly agreed. I'm thinking more of noonish. All the donut places that I know close by 11:00AM. I'm thinking you would have all the afternoon business & wouldn't have to get up 5 hours before everyone else. Diva's daughter was craving donuts right after church. So, there's one customer already. Dawn, I'm sorry to be posting about donuts. I don't want to contribute to blogger booty, but I really think I'm onto something here! :)

6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

The pick-ax is normal, but should not be left in the living room floor. Some future wife will appreciate your training your boys to put away their toys now.

I say no to the donuts. I'm not sure Diva, Dawn and I could stay away. You remind me of my mother who is a naturaly thin person. One minute she is after me about my weight and the next she offers me some of her bread pudding with lemon icing.

mornin'lady said...

lol! YES MAM! I sometimes have to hide the small ax from Tyler when he starts pretending wilderness living without any shoes on too ;-)
I second the no vote to the donuts unless you move your business at least 100 miles away from me:) and then you'll still be getting up at 3 am to get there, Ha!
You are on to a good thing though, cause all those blogger booties will be done with their comments and posts around that time and they'll be hungry!!

Junk Diva said...

All boys love axes and knives and hammers and power tools. When Luke was old enough to be left home alone I would always say upon leaving the house " No weapons, no fire, and no power tools" And I meant it. Boys and their toys.

As for the donut shop i think you are on to something.

Course of Perfection said...

You guys talked me into it! Donuts it is! Of course, I also think we need an ice cream or frozen yogurt place close by too.

I'm glad all 3 of you ladies have experienced "boys & their toys".

Dawn: We need to get Rye & Ty together! Riley is always telling me that he's a wild boy & needs to live in the wild.

Junk Diva said...

Playing with Tyler would be wild. LOL!!! Just kidding Dawn.

mornin'lady said...

COP, Ya'll need to get on out here some weekend, we can grill some burgers and let Rye and Ty loose in the wilderness :) (uh, that would be without the axes though, ya think :)